Friday, February 12, 2010

Cher and Christina Aguilera do what they do best - sing and wear skimpy outfits.. in BURLESQUE!

Cher is acting again! I just peed a little at this news. Her first starring role in a decade! And her first musical film!

Burlesque borrows a plot-line from Showgirls, just a wee bit, with Xtina as the small town up-and-coming star, and Cher as the older (to say the least) mentor.

We know Xtina can carry a tune, and we've seen her in lingerie before with the Lady Marmalade thing, but can she act? I guess we'll find out.


Other notable actors set to star in Burlesque include yummy badass vamp Cam Gigandet (as the love interest), Stanley Tucci, Alan Cumming, Kristen Bell, Eric Dane, and Julianne Hough - because they had to have at least one legit dancer on the team (also she thinks she's a singer).

Burlesque is still filming, but we feel this might be a real goody with an amazingly sublime soundtrack (as the music composed is all original)

Hey, filmmakers, if anyone drops out of the project, let me know. I'd be happy to fill in. I have tons of burlesque experience, dating back to 2001 when I saw Moulin Rouge and dressed up in my room and pranced around to the soundtrack. I then honed my sexydance skills after Chicago (2002). I swear I'm really good. And extremely seductive... *grrroowwlll*

Enjoy some behind the scenes action on set of the film!



No comments: