Thursday, April 29, 2010

Delightful Dialogue: Being John Malkovich


Floris: Welcome to Lestercorp. How may we meet your filing needs?
Craig Schwartz: No, no. Um... my name's Craig Schwartz. I have an interview with Dr. Lester.
Floris: Oh. Please have a seat, Mr. Juarez.
Craig Schwartz: Schwartz.
Floris: Pardon?
Craig Schwartz: Schwartz.
Floris: I- I'm sorry. I have no idea what you're saying to me right now.
Floris: My name is Schwartz.
Floris: My name is Warts?
[Craig takes a seat]
[intercom beeps]
Floris: Mr. Juarez?
[Craig doesn't respond at first]
Craig Schwartz: Oh. Yes?
Floris: Chest?
Craig Schwartz: I said, "Yes?"
Floris: You suggest what? I'm sorry I have no time for piddling suggestions from mumbling job applicants. Besides, Dr. Lester will see you now.

~ Mary Kay Place and John Cusack in Being John Malkovich (1999)



No comments: