Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Independence Day to become a TRILOGY!


According to all the buzz around the Internet, AND Will Smith's IMDB page, Independence Day 2 and 3 are gonna happen.

Not sure how we feel about this. As much as we trust Big Willy, his upcoming filmography is a little scary - I, Robot 2, Hancock 2, I Am Legend Prequel, and now the ID trilogy.

Will, Will, Will... your reputation for choosing amazing projects is in jeopardy here, with a slew of sequels in the works. We will have to reserve judgment for now, until we see the films. Because who are we kidding? They'll probably be great.

No word yet if Jeff Goldblum will return to kick alien arse (Hipstercrite - we'll keep you updated) but we're sure hoping he comes back! Also Vivica Fox, because we just like her, ok?

Now what more could they have to say on the subject of aliens ruining an American holiday? Well our guess is revenge. But it begs the question - by calling the next two films Independence Day as well, does this mean the aliens are coming back on the same day of the year? Why would they do that? Are they sentimental? Are they getting revenge on the anniversary of the mothership explosion? I'd bet money they'll smack some subtitles on there like Indepedence Day 2 - More American landmarks explode... and Independence Day 3 - Still blowing shit up.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see! What do you think about this trilogy?

2 comments:

Melanie's Randomness said...

o.O...no way!! Hasn't it been like 15 years since the first one?!?!?! I don't know how I feel about this.


I thought of Hisptercrite too when you posted this!

Hipstercrite said...

Haha...thanks Ladies! My old boss wrote and produced this. I don't remember this ever being in the works. I'll have to ask him!