Thursday, June 10, 2010

Memorable Monologue: Sideways


"Let me show you how this is done. First thing, hold the glass up and examine the wine against the light. You're looking for color and clarity. Just, get a sense of it. OK? Uhh, thick? Thin? Watery? Syrupy? OK? Alright. Now, tip it. What you're doing here is checking for color density as it thins out towards the rim. Uhh, that's gonna tell you how old it is, among other things. It's usually more important with reds. OK? Now, stick your nose in it. Don't be shy, really get your nose in there. Mmm... a little citrus... maybe some strawberry..."

~ Paul Giamatti as Miles Raymond in Sideways (2004)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly, right after this part he turns to his friend and says, "Are you chewing gum?" That line always cracks me up! - G

Heather Taylor said...

I love this movie so much. It's a classic to me!