Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Maury Chaykin Dies at 61


American born, Canadian actor Maury Chaykin died yesterday on his 61st birthday. The cause of his death is still unknown. He was known for playing many outrageous characters, and in honour of his passing, I thought I'd repost this Charismatic Character segment originally posted in November 2009.
________________________________________________

A Life Less Ordinary (1997) gave us one of the best charismatic characters never seen... since the movie was a huge stinkin' bomb (but we loved it, duh).

Tod Johnson, the weirdo backwoods neighbour, is really just a regular man who sharpens his scythe in readiness for armageddon. So what's wrong with that? A REGULAR MAN, I SAY! RRREGGULLAARRR!!!




5 comments:

KeLLy aNN said...

Safe Journey.

I loved his part in Mystery, Alaska

Kendall Defoe said...

First saw him in a CBC film called: "Canada's Sweetheart," and I was hooked! You will be missed, sir...

Tom said...

He was soooo creepy in "Blindness"...

ipad tablet said...

awesome...what next ?
keep sharing, ipad tablet

Angie said...

Oooh I will have to check out those movies, I haven't seen any of them!

ipad - If you're gonna spam with the word "awesome" be sure to check that the post is not about someone dying.