Monday, April 26, 2010

To Wong Foo: A Classic Review

We need to talk about this movie. Three little words that make our drag queen lovin' hearts go pitter patter...To Wong Foo.

And where is the body?...Thanks to this 1995 gem, we can forever enjoy Snipes, Swayze and Leguizamo in skirts, wigs and press-on nails! Miss Noxeema Jackson, Miss Vida Boheme and Miss Chi-Chi Rodriguez are career girls stranded in the small town of Snydersville after their stylish Cadillac breaks down en route to Los Angeles(despite the ladies being urged to 'go with the Corrola').

The ladies bond with the quirky folks in the town and enjoy a 'day with the girls', a 60s fashion extravaganza and of course, the Strawberry Social while their car is being repaired.

If you haven't seen this cult classic, get on it. C'mon, how else will you learn the 4 steps to becoming a queen?!



Fave Quotes:

"I'm a princess. "P" to the "R" to the "N" to the "cess". I'm a princess."
" I got a million dream lovers for every light on Broadway. When one of them goes out I just screw in another one, you know, hello good-bye."
"If I were bread, would you be my butter?"
"I'm the latina Marilyn Monroe. I've got more legs than a bucket of chicken!"

~ John Leguizamo as Chi-Chi Rodriguez in To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar (1995)

No comments: