Monday, December 21, 2009

A Little Monday Review!

Cin-Ob Jonathan has contributed a great review of James Cameron's Avatar!


In the past couple of months, I’ve started feeling very disappointed in movies that are going to the theaters. The last movie I saw, 2012, was short of impressive. It lacked any spiritual connotation I was hoping for, which was just one thing wrong with that movie. I decided to hang up the towel on movie theater blockbusters, save for 1 last shot. This one desperate hope of mine that the movie chosen would live up to my expectations of a blockbuster movie.

The movie I chose was obviously Avatar. I said to myself, I will not go back to spend money in a movie theater, should Avatar come short of my expectations. I saw the trailer, and I have to admit it had me intrigued. But I had no idea what I was really in for.

Of course, as all the current movies, it was in 3D. My friends... I was, and still am at this moment, awe-struck!! I have just seen this movie, and I wanted to stay and pay again to see it again!!!

There are many aspects in this movie I enjoyed. First, the acting was well rendered. Secondly, the visual effects were outstanding, but the 3D added a spark that makes you feel extremely emotional and connected to the environment you are watching. And 3rd, the script was well thought out and original. It was a simple story, but it was so well delivered that you don’t feel you need any added “Hollywood” lines to make you laugh or yawn in some instances. I truly felt like I was one of the Na’vi, living and breathing nature and felt a total connection to each and every character, including the villains. The amount of colours and graphic creativity just blew my mind! I wanted to see more, to feel more and smell more. That’s right, smell. You feel so much into the movie that you forget you are watching a movie at all.

There is also within the storyline, a spiritual aspect that most if not all people will understand. I don’t want to get give out too much of the story, but this movie ranks #1 on my top 10 list from now on! I highly recommend this movie to everyone, as this is a dawning of ideas. Ideas that we should listen to and connect to way more often!

I really think there is a huge possibility I will go see this movie again before it’s gone from the theaters, the 3D in this movie works. So well that you really think you are in the movie, experiencing every detail, every sight and every thought.

Go see it, you will not be disappointed.

~ Jonathan

No comments: