Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Delightful Dialogue: Tootsie

Michael Dorsey: You should have seen the look on her face when she thought I was a lesbian.

George Fields: "Lesbian"? You just said gay.

Michael Dorsey: No, no, no - SANDY thinks I'm gay, JULIE thinks I'm a lesbian.

George Fields: I thought Dorothy was supposed to be straight?

Michael Dorsey: Dorothy IS straight. Tonight Les, the sweetest, nicest man in the world asked me to marry him.

George Fields: A guy named Les wants YOU to marry him?

Michael Dorsey: No, no, no - he wants to marry Dorothy.

George Fields: Does he know she's a lesbian?

Michael Dorsey: Dorothy's NOT a lesbian.

George Fields: I know that, does HE know that?

Michael Dorsey: Know WHAT?

George Fields: That, er, I... I don't know.

~ Dustin Hoffman and Sydney Pollack in Tootsie (1982)

No comments: