Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Delightful Dialogue: Wet Hot American Summer


Ben: Hey, let's all promise that in ten years from today, we'll meet again, and we'll see what kind of people we've blossomed into.

Susie: Yeah!

Ben: What time do you wanna meet?

J.J.: You mean ten years from now?

Coop: Let's meet in the morning so we can make a day of it.

Susie: Okay, so what is it? Is it like 9:00? 9:30?

Coop: Well, let's say 9:00, that way we can be here by 9:30.

McKinley: Well, no, why don't we say 9:30, and then make it your beeswax to be here by 9:30? I mean, we'll all be in our late 20s by then. I just don't see any reason why we can't be places on time.

Gary: Okay, then, it's settled. 9:30 it is. All agreed?

All: Agreed.

McKinley: Good, because I have something at 11:00.

Gary: You just have like a trapper-keeper full of appointments, right?

McKinley: No, I just have something at 11:00, and I can't change it, because I already moved it twice.



~ Bradley Cooper, Amy Poehler, Zak Orth, Michael Showalter, Michael Ian Black, and A.D. Miles in Wet Hot American Summer (2001)

No comments: