Friday, May 14, 2010

Hank Azaria - An Underrated Wonder!

Written by Cin-Ob Supreme Jonathan, from Symbolic Living:


This post was an idea I got when I read the recent post about the new Smurfs movie. I tend to see Hank Azaria in many many movies, and I find myself gleefully saying "OOh Hank Azaria"...

Many many actors in Hollywood are way too overrated, *cough* Nicolas Cage*cough*!

But unfortunately there are also those that come in underrated. Hence the reason why I want to dedicate my guest post to the most honorable Hank Azaria!

Hank was born in 1964 as Henry Albert Azaria. He is probably best known as the many voices in The Simpsons tv show and movie. It is quite remarkable to see an actor of his caliber with such talent, not be recognized more by the Academy. I love pretty much all movies he has been in, from The Birdcage (1996) all the way to Year One (2009) (which is the most recent movie I've seen him in). Azaria is a master of accents, and always tends to play outrageous characters.

Here are a few gems I think are worth watching that showcase his amazing talent! Enjoy! :)

Azaria as Agador in The Birdcage (1996)



Azaria as The Blue Raja in Mystery Men (1999)



And last but not least, a compilation showcasing his voice talents!



No comments: