Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Memorable Monologue: High Fidelity

Top five things I miss about Laura...

One: Sense of humor. Very dry, but it can also be warm and forgiving. And she's got one of the best all time laughs in the history of all time laughs, she laughs with her entire body.

Two: She's got character. Or at least she had character before the Ian nightmare. She's loyal and honest, and she doesn't even take it out on people when she's having a bad day. That's character.

Three: I miss her smell, and the way she tastes. It's a mystery of human chemistry and I don't understand it. Some people, as far as their senses are concerned, just feel like home.

Four: I really dig how she walks around. It's like she doesn't care how she looks or what she projects and it's not that she doesn't care it's just, she's not affected, I guess, and that gives her grace. And...

Five: She does this thing in bed when she can't get to sleep, she kinda half moans and then rubs her feet together an equal number of times... it just kills me. Believe me, I mean, I could do a top five things about her that drive me crazy but it's just your garden variety women you know, schizo stuff and that's the kind of thing that got me here.

~ John Cusack as Rob Gordon in High Fidelity (2000)


5 comments:

Hipstercrite said...

That has to be one of my top 20 fave movies. I watched it again last week. It's one of those movies you wish you wrote. This scene in particular is great. I love the line when his Mom is yelling at him on the phone and he's like, "That's some cold shit!"

Dan said...

So many quotable lines in High Fidelity. One of my favourite romantic films thanks to a great script and some wonderful music!

Tuesday Kid said...

Yeah, Hi Fidelity is great, John Cussack needs some to make some more good movies it's been a while.

Unknown said...

This is so fabulous movie i've seen..
custom bedroom furniture

ghrency said...

Actually,John is a good actor and he is my crush..haha..lol!Thats the 5 things that she cant help to think about laura..Very cute!

anxiety treatment