Friday, December 3, 2010

Jim Carrey's Poppin' up in Mr. Popper's Penguins!

Ok, so my post title is lame. Deal with it. Moving on... Does this book make you feel weird? Like all nostalgic weird? It's probably cause it's a pretty classic book used in many school systems in early reading for kids.


I was scouring the net for upcoming Jim Carrey flicks and I got one! Not a lot to be said about this one yet with a rapidly approaching release date (August 12th, 2011). Well, in the world of movies, it's recent. I was watching a Star Trek (2009) trailer 2 frickin' years before it came out for goddsakes!



Here's the synops you should focus on as we'll hope that the movie follows the book closely:

'Mr. Popper's Penguins' is a children's book written by Richard & Florence Atwater, originally published in 1938. It tells the story of a poor house painter named Mr. Popper and his family, who live in the small town of Stillwater in the 1930s. The Poppers unexpectedly come into possession of twelve Adelie penguins, and something must be done before they eat the Poppers out of house and home. Wikipedia

One-liner from the go-to site:
The life of a businessman begins to change after he inherits six penguins, and as he transforms his apartment into a winter wonderland, his professional side starts to unravel. IMDB

So, what do the Cin-Obs think? I know it's Friday, but c'mon.. WAKE UP and COMMENT! We heart your comments and stew on your thoughts all weekend. GO!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds very odd. I really don't remember this book at all.

Christina Harper said...

I remember reading this book as a kid, but I don't really remember much about it.

But, I can only rant so much about how I hate the idea of Hollywood mooching off of books, other movies, and stuff lately. It's lazy and unmotivated.

And Jim Carrey in another potentially goofy role? How super original.

Actually, I hope he does well in his other movie, the one based on this real murdered person. I can't remember the name of it. That one I'm eager to see...

Not a movie based on a book based on penguin hijinks.

:/

Jen said...

I seen this book at Value Village tonight.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are an expert in this field, you really got some great points there, thanks.

- Robson