Friday, March 25, 2011

Leo DiCaprio as J. Edgar

Oh Leo, you're so serious. No rom-coms for you! Not ever!

Filming right now is a J. Edgar Hoover biopic starring Leo as the title character. It should be released in 2012.

Whoa whoa, wait. Just read the synopsis.

“Biopic on FBI director J. Edgar Hoover, focusing on his scandalous career and controversial private life as a homosexual and rumored cross dresser.” IMDB

Holy shit! Can’t wait to see this one now! Leo did an amazing portrayal of Howard Hughes, another scandalous individual with dark secrets, so we’re sure he can pull this off as well. Geez, didn’t know the Hoovs had such skellies in the closet!


It’s directed by Clint Eastwood, so you can probably expect some Oscar noms. It also stars Judi Dench, Stephen “stapler” Root, Naomi “ring” Watts, and Josh Lucas as Charles Lindbergh. Since I’m not that well versed in American History, I’m not entirely sure what the aviator has to do with J. Edgar Hoover, but I’m sure the movie will tell me! Or some quick googling, but shmeh... laazzzze. I assume it was about the baby kidnapping and such. And I only know that because I've seen so many movies. You see? You can learn from film. *the more you know!*


No comments: