Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Week With Marilyn


Ooooh I love hearing about new biopics! And the life and times of Marilyn Monroe is something I'll definitely tune in to! I just hope Michelle Williams does me proud in her portrayal of this legend.

Colin Clark, an employee of Sir Laurence Olivier's, documents the tense interaction between Olivier and Marilyn Monroe during production of The Prince and the Showgirl. [IMDB]

The film also stars Emma "not Hermione" Watson, and Dominic "Mamma Mia" Cooper, as well as other huge names like Judi Dench, Kenneth Branagh (as Sir Lawrence Olivier), Julia Ormond, and one of Chantale' favie Princes, Dougray Scott.

With a cast like this, how could they go wrong? It's also shapin' up to be an awesome 50s period film with brilliant costumes, so I'm razzajazzed for sure. Too bad I'll have to wait until 2011 when it comes out.

Methinks this also might be a new trend. At least I'd like it to be. Where are the biopics of Audrey Hepburn? Bette Davis? Katharine Hepburn? Ok I know Katharine made a small appearance in The Aviator (2004), but Blachett's portrayal was so awesome I think she should get her own movie.

I'm off track. What do you think about this Monroe movie? Is the classic blonde bombshell untouchable as a character? Can anyone do her justice? Happy Birthday Mr. President? Fuzzy end of the lollipop? Sorry I got carried away.


No comments: