Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Conspirator


Period film! Period film! Hoooorah!

Coming in April is The Conspirator which tells the story of the only woman charged with conspiring to kill Abe Lincoln. Robin Wright (minus the Penn) stars as Mary Surratt, the woman on trial, but the film also stars some awesome folks such as James McAvoy, Justin Long, Evan Rachel Wood, Kevin Kline, and others I'm too lazy to type out.

I love me a period film, as you all well know, but a true story makes it even more exciting. And this is one of the most famous stories in North American history, so I can't wait to see the re-enactment of how it went down. And when I say re-enactment I don't mean the shitty made for tv, Crime Stoppers kind, I mean the serious kind with talented actors.

What do you think? Does this one tickle your fancy?



1 comment:

Sammy V said...

Very excited for this one.