Thursday, September 2, 2010

Opulent Opening: The Ring



I can't even begin to tell you how much this movie scared the caca outta me. I was 18 when I went to see this flick on the big screen. The previews alone were enough to convince me it was worth seeing. So off I went. I watched most of the movie through my fingies then slept with a light on for 3 weeks.

There are a lot of people who didn't find this movie scary at all. I just don't get it. This was one of the first horror movies I saw that made me uncomfortable and uneasy the entire way through. Even when nothing was happening, I was wincing and whining. But then again, I'm a HUGE wimp.

Samara is one evil biatch. She rivals Linda Blair for me. I've never been so afraid of VHS cassettes.



2 comments:

The Masked Critic said...

When I saw this movie in theaters someone fell down the stairs.

I don't mean they mistepped and went down a few steps, I mean from the top straight to the bottom.

JRL said...

Critic: Nice!

Little known fact - this was the only movie i have ever seen since turning 15 that kept me from falling asleep. I'm sure it didn't help that i had a TV in my room.