Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Get Ready For More Pirates


(How lame and unoriginal is this poster, am I right?)

Mermaids, zombies, and pirates, OH MY!

The trailer is out, and although I feel this franchise shouldn't have progressed past the first amazing installment, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, coming in May, looks slightly interesting.

Penelope Cruz looks great as a she-pirate, but I wanted to smack her instantly when she said "Steady as she goes" in her Spanish accent. I just don't picture pirates as latinos. I don't know why. Wait yes, because they're lovers, not fighters. It also seems like she'll take Elizabeth Swan's role of the love-hate interest with Jack Sparrow. Sorry, CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow. That joke never gets old. Wait, yes it does.

I gotta say I'm also dead tired of the score. It's been the same tune throughout all the films so far, and I'm just... bored with it.

Also, with no Keira Knightley or Orlando Bloom, how will this film compare to the others? Some might say "addition by subtraction" or whatever, but I'm not sure. What do you think?



2 comments:

Melanie's Randomness said...

I like that there will be mermaids but yeesh talk about beating a dead horse. They should have stopped at 1 but REALLY should have stopped at 3. Oui!

Melanie's Randomness

JRL said...

Couldn't agree more Ang; they should have stopped after the first one. They have taken my all-time favourite movie and reduced it to being somewhere in the top 5. (And you remember how much i loved that movie!!)

Must say though, this one does look a little fresher, and i'm already expecting more from this one than from the second or the third one... just one question... zombies??? Really?