Thursday, June 17, 2010

Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the Riddler in new Batman??


CinemaBlend.com (among others) is reporting that JGL will be playing that wacky madman, The Riddler, in the new Batman film! And apparently he has been identified as director Christopher Nolan's first choice!

Now this is only rumours at this point, but we think it could be a great fit for him. Have we mentioned how happy we are Jo-Go is making a comeback? He disappeared for a while, but we were giddy to see him in 500 Days of Summer and G.I. Joe! And due to his role in G.I. Joe, we know he can totally play a mad scientist dude.

Interesting tidbit here - One of Joseph's first leading man roles was in that 1999 teen classic, 10 Things I Hate About You. Heath Ledger had a big break in that film as well, and went on to play The Joker in The Dark Knight (2008). Teen stars turned Batman villains. COINCIDENCE? Yeah probably.

Do you think Joseph Gordon-Levitt would make a good Riddler? Do you have any other preferences for this role?



5 comments:

The Taxi Driver said...

I would still love to see Ethan Hawke in the role of the Riddler. Michael Shannon would also be good. I know GDL was the bad guy in G.I. Joe but that was a cartoony bad guy and if he's going to be following up Ledger, he's going to really need to bring his best to the table.

Sammy V said...

I think Joseph Gordon-Levitt is an excellent choice for The Riddler.

Rachel said...

I've been watching JGL for decades, since he made guest appearances on t.v. shows. I think he'd be an awesome Riddler as long as they keep it dark, like the other Nolan Batmans. From the looks of the trailer, he looks like he might be playing a villain in Inception this summer, so maybe we'll get a definite taste of his darker side.

Chantale said...

Yup yup! Us too Rach! We've been super fans though since Third Rock From the Sun!

Reel Whore said...

JGL would chew up the screen as the Riddler! I'm all for it.